Friday, June 24, 2011

New York Times Scented Candle
Tobias Wong & Various Projects

"The Times of New York" candle
Is this for real? A candle that smells like newsprint from The New York Times? Apparently so, although not produced by the famed newspaper, rather inspired by it.

Like many people, I too have a thing about the smell of newly printed paper and newly printed books. I am inclined to love that "printed" odor over the smell of my laptop burning in the night.

I can't wait to get my hands (or nose) on this candle, The Times of New York.  According to the Project No. 8 website, "the scent of the candle is newsy, with hints of guaiacwood, cedar, musk, spice, with a powdery note and velvet nuance, meant to mimic the aroma of black ink on newsprint."  This candle came to be from now-deceased designer/artist Tobias Wong, and was produced by Various Projects and Josée Lepage of Bondtoo.  I hear it is being sold for $65. at Project No. 8, in a limited production of 1000.  This shop is located in a favorite place of mine that I've written about, The Ace Hotel NYC. 

If you are missing that "newsy" scent you can now light a candle while reading your online daily paper.

Other links of interest:

Project No. 8
REFINERY29
ArtSlope

No comments:

Post a Comment