Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vintage Silverware Collection
Now at R. H. Ballard

I have always loved old silverware. Not sure why, except it makes me fantasize of old hotels and steamships, Model T Fords, secret rendezvous and exotic travel. I have a very romantic side, or perhaps a crazy side.

Anyway, I have been on the lookout for years for a collection with style, charm and a great price point. I finally found one.

Robert and I found this vintage silverware collection through an antique supplier in NY and they are wonderful! The collection is from the 1930's and includes a mix of silverware from Holmes & Edwards, Wm Rogers and Sons, Reed & Barton, and others. You can mix and match any of the designs for an wonderfully eclectic look. They go especially well with Shabby Chic inspired decor (a favorite of mine), but there is also a way to mix them with contemporary styling as well---I will be posting some ideas soon.  They price at $48.00 per 5 piece setting, so a 6-place service would only be $288.00.

Our vintage silverware collection is not yet online, so please call to purchase if you do not live near our lovely area of the world (540-675-1411).

Here are few images from our shop displays along with some new and lovely gold Moroccan-style glassware ($9.95-$10.95).

No comments:

Post a Comment