Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day


I want to wish all dad's out there a wonderful and special Father's Day.

The image above is a photo recently unearthed by my sister who is busy compiling our family history.  I had not seen it before and was especially taken by the sweetness of my Dad who is consoling and/or helping my older brother understand something important. My Mother took the photo.

Dad and my brother are both dressed in their Sunday-best attire and sitting in the playground area near the family apartment in St. Louis, Missouri, 1953. I love my brother's hands, the "I am thinking" look on his face. And I love my father's arms gently surrounding my brother as he sits on his lap.

My father passed away in 1997. I think about him today with much love in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment