Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Glorious Lori Gabbehs


If rugs could be called friends then Lori Gabbeh rugs would be among my best friends. I love being around them, they are always positive and uplifting, and they always make a home warm and inviting.

I never knew very much about rugs until I married Robert, who has a superb eye for extraordinary rugs. We've been selling Gabbehs for over 15 years in our shop & gallery and they have been quiet popular.  Many customers buy one and then return and purchase a few more as years go by. It's a lovely "good thing."

The Lori's are different from regular Gabbehs as they have tighter knots, are more refined, and have more personal design references about tribes and home. Many of our rug clients say they look Tibetan and/or contemporary, and they are surprised to discover they are actually hand made in Iran. I think of these rugs as art forms, and thus creations of peace by communities that have been creating them for a hundreds of years.

Here are a few we have on our website. Enjoy, and please let me know which ones appeal to you. I love the rugs with tiny square scenes of animals, nature, leaves. Are there any designs that speak to you? What draws you to these lovely designs?





















No comments:

Post a Comment