Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grammy Awards 2011
Lady Gaga Egg-credible!


I may own a little shop in a tiny rural town in Virginia but I find my inspiration in all walks of creative life.

Award ceremonies are such an indulgent treat--Golden Globes, SAG Awards, CMT Awards, Oscars, and of course the Grammys.  I'm kind of a closet awards-junkie.  But really, I watch for the glorious spectacle, the clothes-shoes-hair-makeup, and the fun of seeing my favorites win something that will help their career. I want great and inspiring global talent to succeed in life. That's really what a major award means to those stars who win them, and that's fine by me.

This year's Grammy Awards was not the best show in the world, in my humble opinion, but geez it sure was packed with beautiful dresses. I am posting my faves because I just love what these stars wore. Beautiful designs, colors, textures, and in some cases pretty daring displays (Rihanna....).

Lady Gaga's Egg-Entrance was surreal and funny. Loved it! Her boney/pointy shoulders were really unsettling, which was probably her intention. Her nod to Madonna was peculiar, seeing as she thanked Whitney Houston in her acceptance speech. It was all weird and wonderful & I just loved it all anyway.

Here is the list of top Grammy winners, followed by my personal Best-Dressed attendees--Number 1 for me was Jennifer Hudson in Versace:

Album of the Year: The Suburbs, Arcade Fire

Record of the Year: "Need You Now," Lady Antebellum

Rap Album: Recovery, Eminem

New Artist: Esperanza Spalding
 

Song of the Year: "Need You Now," Lady Antebellum

POP:
 

Pop Vocal Album: Lady Gaga, The Fame Monster

Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: Train, "Hey, Soul Sister (Live)"

Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Michael Bublé, Crazy Love

Female Pop Vocal Performance: Lady Gaga, "Bad Romance," The Fame Monster
 

Male Pop Vocal Performance: Bruno Mars, "Just The Way You Are," Doo-Wops & Hooligans 
Pop Collaboration With Vocals: "Imagine," Herbie Hancock, Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No 1, Jeff Beck & Oumou Sangare, The Imagine Project

Pop Instrumental Performance: "Nessun Dorma," Jeff Beck, Emotion & Commotion

Pop Instrumental Album: Take Your Pick, Larry Carlton & Tak Matsumoto

Rihanna
Jennifer Hudson
Nicole Kidman

Florence
Jennifer Lopez

~ Joanie Ballard



No comments:

Post a Comment